Hanley Hall is located at 30 McGill Street North, Smiths Falls, just behind the church. A large hall that is well maintained, it has a licensed seating capacity of 240.

Each year Hanley Hall hosts many parish and community events. It is extremely popular for weddings and is reputed to have the “Best Dance Floor In The Valley!” The spacious stage and acoustics also make it popular among musicians and DJ’s.

Hanley Hall is handicapped accessible with the vertical lift provided to assist those with difficulty navigating stairs.

Caterers appreciate the modern, well maintained kitchen and serving facilities.

There is a smaller meeting room in the downstairs which also features a large commercial kitchen.

More information and photos are available on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/HanleyHall/

Some History

Rev. John T. Hanley, was appointed pastor in 1928. He was a native of Reid, a small parish which has sent forth many priests into the diocese. He was a tall dignified man with a quiet sense of humour. He was deeply interested in every welfare project in the town. He was a strong supporter of outdoor sport and was a regular attendant at games. An ardent curler, he also enjoyed fishing, hunting and golf.

Monsignor Hanley died in 1955 at the age of 79. Hanley Hall was built in 1957, providing additional classrooms and accommodation for Grades IX and X. The hall was a fitting memorial to Monsignor Hanley who had built so well himself. The auditorium and kitchen facilities of Hanley Hall are used very frequently for social gatherings and meetings by members of the parish and other organizations.